Tuesday, November 27, 2012

So Much To Be Thankful For

I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner this year and had a wonderful time with my family.
 
There are so many horror stories that you read about
 when families get together but luckily for me,
 my family is extremely close, we all get along so well,
 and we always have such a good time together.
 
There is so much that I am thankful for this year:
 
* My daughter Madyson 
 
Every day she makes me laugh. She is the happiest little girl I've ever met and even though she's only been here for 11 months, I can't even remember life before her,
 
* My hubby
 
I am so grateful for my husband and how hard he works for us. I know how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with Madyson and am so thankful that he will do anything in his power to make me happy. It might seem old fashioned (especially with so many career women out there these days) but, I love being a housewife. I look forward to having dinner on the table when he gets home from work and taking care of all the household chores.
 
*My Home
 
We bought a new house this summer and it's everything I could have hoped for. After searching online and going to numerous open houses I found that it was very difficult to find one that had everything we were looking for and had that "home" feeling. This one just seemed perfect for our family and I am so grateful that the first offer fell through and we were able to purchase this house - it feels like home here.
 
* My Family
 
I have two loving parents & two amazing sisters and I consider myself so blessed to have such a wonderful family. We spend so much time together and always have so much fun! In fact, all 8 of us (2 parents, 3 girls + 3 husbands) are all going to see A Christmas Carol this weekend - I can't wait!
 
 
Here are a few pictures from my Thanksgiving weekend!
 
 
Inspecting the turkey...
 
 
 
 
 
Time to put the turkey in !
 
 


Setting the tables
 


 
 
Maddy's seat :)
 

 
 
Posing in her turkey dress
 
 
 

Maddy with Auntie Shann & Uncle Mike



 
My nephew Caleb looking so handsome in his holiday sweater




My dad teaching my hubby how to carve a turkey




My little turkey
 
 



My sister, Brittney, with the two munchkins
 





Enjoying some toast
 
 


 





My two turkeys picking out the perfect Christmas tree
 
 

 
 
Learning how to do chores early
 


Setting up the tree!






Watching me decorate the house
 
 


 
 
Christmas Time Is Here !!!




 


5 comments:

  1. oh my, love everything about your post!! such a good idea with the thanksgiving day placecards! your daughter is precious!! i would never have thought to do ribbon "garland" so beautiful! :) there was a lot of exclamations, can you tell i'm just that excited? lol :-) fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! Your tree looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you thins sounds lovely. What a beautiful family and home you have <3

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of Maddy inspecting the turkey!! Its so silly!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet post! Your little lady is beautiful and your Christmas tree is amazing!x

    ReplyDelete