Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's a.....Girl!


So today I wanted to jump back to last summer and share one of the most exciting days of my life. When I was pregnant I searched the internet for fun ideas to tell my family what we were expecting. Then I came across the idea of a Gender Reveal Party. There were so many different ways to do this, but this is what I came up with....

First I had my creative lil' sis, Shannon, make me a cute invitation to send out to all of our guests:



Last July I had my 4 month ultrasound and let the doctor know in advance not to tell us the gender. I had her write it down on a piece of paper and I sealed it shut because I didn't want my husband peeking! So we left with our sealed envelope and and a picture of our little munchkin.


I'll admit that it was not easy driving all the way to the bakery with that sealed envelope in my hand... the contents would change my life forever - Would I be having a little princess? or a little man? Would I be decorating in pink? or blue? The answer was sitting in that little envelope and I promised myself I wouldn't peek!

We made it to Keyks which is a local bakery in our town and handed the envelope over. Now that it wasn't in our hands anymore we knew we would now have to wait 4 LONG days till our party.... but the anticipation was the best part!


Finally Sunday had arrived and it was time to find out the gender of our little munchkin with all of our close family & friends!



Here is the gender neutral cake we requested from the bakery!




After what seemed like an eternity it was finally time to cut the cake while our family and friends cheered us on!






I thought my poor hubby was going to faint from the anticipation! He was so excited and couldn't wait to dig into this cake!





It's....A....GIRL !





My mom was super excited for us :) and looking forward to the arrival of her first granddaughter!






My sisters claimed all along they knew it was going to be a little girl :) while my brother in law, Scott, was sure he was getting a nephew...







p.s. my sis thought it would be fun to pose with these props for pics - we don't usually dress like this!



I'm not sure how I'll find out next time around, but it will be something creative and fun :)












1 comment:

  1. What a great idea this was and I wish I had a slice of that cake right now - sooo tasty! I'm sure for the next munchkin we will be doing something similar. Maybe we could all bite into blue or pink cannolis? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete