Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time With Nana

 
So my grandmother is downsizing into an in-law apartment and while they are completing some of the renovations this week she has been staying with me, one of the reasons I haven't had much time to update my blog....you would think I would have less time taking care of an 8 month old than taking care of an 84 year old - but she's a lot of work! I am not complaining at all - if you remember in my bucket list I had mentioned that I wanted to spend more time with my grandmother so I can cross that off my list now! She is a wonderful person and I have been close with her since I was a little girl.
 
 
 Last night I made one of her favorite meals (recipe to follow later) and we had a great night re-watching the first season of Revenge with my hubby.
 
Since she doesn't have much room in her new apartment she has been giving away many of her treasured possessions. One of her favorite things that she cannot take with her is the piano that has been in her livingroom for as long as I can remember. That's where I spent countless hours practicing with Nana for my piano recitals. I played the piano until middle school where it "wasn't cool" anymore to play an instrument. Looking back now I wish I had continued to practice - it was stupid of me to stop....but now that it will be sitting in my livingroom I am going to attempt to teach myself how to play again and hopefully someday I can teach my little princess how to play and convince her that no matter how "uncool" it may seem at the time, it is definitely very cool when you grow up. So hopefully by Christmas time I will be playing while the family gathers around the piano to sing carols, sipping egg nog.... okay that won't happen, but it always looks good in the movies.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. love the Garfield Christmas reference!! Hope you are enjoying your time with Nana!:)

    ReplyDelete