Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Home Remodel....Room #1 - Nursery

When I found out that we were having a girl I knew right away that a pink room was inevitable. We recently moved into a new home and one of the first rooms we decorated was the nursery. We headed to Lowes for the first of many trips and picked out the perfect shade, "Baby Blush".



 
When we first moved into our new house this is what Madyson's room looked like:
 
 
My husband is a HUGE hockey fan and absolutely LOVES the Bruins, so obviously he wanted to keep this room, but I convinced him that little girls don't want a room decorated with hockey pucks, they want a room that makes them feel like a princess and that's exactly what she got!

 
 
I got this amazing decal on etsy ( One Hip Sticker Chic ) - it came with some "bling" gems that were supposed to be stuck onto the top of the crown but I was so afraid she would choke on one if it fell into her crib, so I went to a local craft store and bought some glitter stickers instead - it has the same effect and now I don't have to worry!



 

 
 
Recently my little sister, Shannon, got married and Madyson was her flower girl... This was her gift for being in the wedding - so cute !! The Chair is from Pottery Barn Kids and has her name embroided on it. She looks so cute reading her books in this chair :)
 
 
I got this cute shelf on etsy ( I just love that site!) This store had lots of cute nursery decor:
 
 
My creative sis made this tree for my baby shower. Every guest added their fingerprint & name to the tree and now it's hanging in Maddy's room - such a cute idea!
 
 
 
 
 
The nursery came out perfect and I hope Madyson feels like a princess everytime she's in her room :)!
 
 

2 comments: